Now that we are full swing into 2018, it is time to make a plan of action about getting organized this year. One way to stay organized is through time management. We all have a million things on our plate any given day with work, the kid’s schedules, maintaining our homes and our personal lives. Focusing on time management can help to keep you organized and manage the stress that comes with balancing all of those balls in the air. Here are a few tips to help you manage your time more effectively:
1. At the beginning of the week, make a “To Do” list of all of the things you need to accomplish that week, set a deadline and break tasks down by day based on your schedule. This will provide you with the week- at- a glance and allow you to prioritize tasks.
2. Keep a time diary of a typical day so you can track where you are spending your time, i.e. cooking, cleaning, working, running errands, etc. This will also give you a clearer picture of where you are spending most of your time. You might be surprised how you can get an hour or two back each day by cutting back on one of these tasks.
3. Plan ahead the night before. Know where your keys are, lay out your clothes and your children’s clothes, make sure you have gas in the car and have everything for your day ready to go.
4. Get rid of paper clutter. File bills and important papers in labeled file folders and file in a filing system. This will save time when you are looking for something specific.
5. Keep a calendar of activities such as work, children’s sporting events, children’s school holidays,family commitments, etc. I like to keep mine on the refrigerator so I can look at it each morning and plan the day/week. Or, if you have the room, create a communication center.
6. Learn to say NO to people that are asking for your commitment of time. If you are too busy to take on another task, politely let those asking that you are really just too busy.
7. Reward yourself. Allow at least one hour a day for you. This will alleviate stress and keep your mind clear and focused. One way to reward yourself is to hire a service to help with the mundane tasks that you hate to do. A great resource for this is Premier Concierge.
Premier Concierge gives you back time. Everyone has “things to do” that are lower in priority or not their favorite “thing to do”. Instead of spending valuable and precious time on unworthy tasks, let Premier Concierge take care of them so you can reclaim your time.
There are only 168 hours in a week and most of us want more time with family and friends. Life goes by in the blink of an eye. Have you ever considered how many hours you are spending on mundane or unproductive tasks?